About this Event
We’re bringing back our annual Career Day for college students! To maximize networking for students, we’re changing the format to a “speed-dating” styled event, at the Central Chesapeake Boathouse, where students can meet and greet with multiple organizations – both agency and in-house marketing teams.
Cost for students is $10 and includes lunch!
Our monthly meeting presentation, during lunch, will be from Sonic’s Brand Manger, Logan McElvany. Logan will talk about Sonic Drive-In’s approach to brand marketing strategy, transitioning advertising agencies, launching a rebranding and new advertising campaign, and successful Sonic Drive-In campaigns – including the launch of the Sonic Hard Seltzer.
Agenda for the day is:
- 9:00-9:30 – Student check-in
- 9:30-9:35 – Ad Club opens the event
- 9:35-10:15 – Agency / In-house team introductions
- 10:15-11:15 – “Speed Dating” (10 minutes per station)
- 11:15-11:45 – Networking, Lunch is served, Scholarship announcements
- 11:45-12:30/1 – Monthly Meeting: Presentation by Sonic’s Logan McElvany