Applications must be uploaded no later than 11:59PM, Friday, April 17, 2020. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
Scholarships are for students majoring or minoring in a communications-related (journalism, public relations, strategic communications, etc.) study track and attending an institute of higher learning in the state of Oklahoma.
Jeanie Ruedy Commercial
Art/Graphic Design Scholarship
This scholarship is for students majoring or minoring in an art-related (graphic design, commercial art, or advertising design) study track and attending an institute of higher learning in the state of Oklahoma.
- Students applying to either scholarship must have an overall GPA of at least 2.75 and at least a 3.0 in their field of study.
- Official college transcript
- Letter(s) of recommendation: Applicants must obtain at least two, but not more than three letters of recommendation from persons not related to them, preferably from a faculty member or someone who has acted in a supervisory role (such as an internship supervisor).
- For JAC only: Applicants for the JAC Award must submit one essay (between 250-500 words) on the future of strategic communications as it relates to Oklahoma City.
- Work samples: Applicants are required to submit work samples based on their course of study or strength, e.g. designers should provide design samples, public relations majors should provide PR-related materials, advertising majors should provide ad layouts, media plans, marketing plans, etc. Please submit at least three, but not more than five samples in your chosen course of study.Your work samples, regardless of content, should be provided in one PDF. We strongly recommend organizing your work samples in a way that makes them easy to understand and navigate. An organized presentation will most definitely be given stronger consideration than sloppily assembled files with no structure or flow.
• Only one scholarship entry per student for all AAF Oklahoma City Ad Club Scholarships will be accepted.
• Applications may only be submitted for one of the two scholarships.