JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Public Strategies Overview
Public Strategies (PS) is a nationally respected consulting, project management, and marketing firm based in Oklahoma City. We provide innovative solutions for federal, state, and local clients, including project and program management, training and technical assistance, technology, event management, research and evaluation, video production, and strategic communications. We also deliver research-informed direct services to financially vulnerable Oklahomans, with a focus on strengthening families and improving employment opportunities.
We are a collaborative team of thinkers, creatives, strategists, communicators, builders, researchers, and change agents committed to touching lives, driving change, and doing good well.
The Technical Writer & Editor develop well-crafted messages and products that inspire others to take action. Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, this experienced writer and editor develops content for a variety of audiences, deploys messaging via strategic channels, and assists with Public Strategies business development efforts.
Developing engaging, evidence-informed curricula for Public Strategies nationally respected human services programs is a key component of this position. Curricula topics may include family and relationship strengthening, workforce development, responsible fatherhood, and more.
This professional is committed to developing content that moves diverse individuals and organizations to action, often repurposing content so it is more accessible and engaging to people who see the world through a different lens. Additionally, this individual has a demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, key stakeholders, and subject matter experts while managing multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
Content management job functions include:
- Contribute to a broad range of products through high-quality long-form writing and editing that reflect creativity, strong attention to detail, and an understanding of diverse audiences
- Research, plan, write and edit engaging, accessible training materials that are mindful of adult learning principles and diverse literacy levels
- Collaborate and consult with subject-matter experts to develop informed, relevant curricula
- Develop imaginative e-learning courses, including modular and microlearning approaches
- Create, edit, and format mass emails for PS federal, state, and private sector clients
- Manage distribution lists, monitor results, and provide responsive email support via platforms such as Mailchimp and Active Campaign
- Contribute to the implementation of marketing, dissemination, and communications plans for various clients
- Execute public relations and social media communications strategies
- Support content dissemination work by translating research-based information to the needs of practitioners, policymakers, and the general public
- Assist with Public Strategies 508 remediation efforts to ensure written products, including presentations and other materials, are fully accessible to those with disabilities
- Manage quality control and timelines for the development of products such as email campaigns, topical briefs, toolkits, and tip sheets
- Strengthen marketing initiatives by applying knowledge of social and behavioral change
- Contribute to the proposal and business development efforts including research, writing, editing, coordination, and quality control
- Ensure all materials are appropriately attuned to the culture and context of the target audience
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in English, Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or other relevant fields
- Minimum five years of professional writing and editing experience, with an emphasis on long-form writing
- Prior experience with curriculum development and business proposals preferred
- Masters degree preferred
- Strong background in developing strategy and content for email marketing, online and offline learning mediums, marketing collateral, websites, storytelling campaigns, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously and meet challenging deadlines
- Familiarity with publishing processes and intellectual property issues preferred
- Proficient in MS Office products and project management software
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems, and to apply critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Ability to understand the business context and goals for product efforts
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintaining flexibility and performing at a high level when faced with time constraints
- Discernment in ensuring that approaches are relevant to a specific client and business needs
- Knowledgeable of government systems, human services policy, and the issues impacting families with low incomes
- Local/regional travel; moderate domestic travel
Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility.
As a federal contractor, Public Strategies must comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires all federal contractor employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, subject to exceptions required by law. If you are selected to join our team you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be approved for a medical or religious exemption before starting employment with Public Strategies. Please email any questions or concerns about the vaccine mandate or the process to request an exemption to HR@publicstrategies.com.