JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Public Affairs Specialist
Posting Number: 000267
Position Type: Administrative
Department: Public Affairs
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Over the past decade, OMRF has established itself as the leading voice of health and medical research in Oklahoma. The Public Affairs Specialist will support efforts to maintain and expand the foundation’s public profile through outreach and messaging. Reporting to the Director of Public Affairs, the Public Affairs Specialist will develop and coordinate non-scientific communications for the foundation. Responsibilities
• Content creation, editorial oversight and production of internal and external communications materials including: – Feature stories for OMRF’s biannual Findings magazine – Annual Report – Quarterly employee newsletter – Press releases – Fundraising and patient outreach materials – Website copy – Email newsletters
• Social media strategy and content development, including video and graphic design
• Monitors OMRF’s online presence and reputation
• Interviews scientists, administrative staff, donors, and others for internal and external communications
• Supports media outreach and response
• Other duties as assigned OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy. OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or other field that incorporates significant writing skills and three (3) years relevant experience or equivalent education and experience. Along with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Minimum Degree Required:
Work Hours: Typically Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm however hours may vary depending on work load and special events.
• Five (5) years of combined experience in media, an agency and/or in-house in a marketing/communications function • Extensive writing, editing and content creation experience • Advanced knowledge of Associated Press style • Proven ability to use social media and other forms of new media to catalyze communications efforts • Knowledge of video editing and graphic design
Regularly required to sit, use manual dexterity, talk and hear. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and lift or move up to 10 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Noise level is usually quiet.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2125073
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.