JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
The Account Executive, PR provides public relations expertise and execution for the client services team. This position develops and executes strategic public relations, media relations and crisis communication initiatives, such as writing news releases, pitching stories, developing internal communications messaging, etc. The Account Executive, PR will work with internal team members and departments to ensure all PR-related projects are high-quality and hit deadlines. This position works closely with the client services team to develop and execute comprehensive campaigns, but also operates in an independent manner, thinking ahead, anticipating and solving problems on the fly.
• Responsible for all public relations initiatives for the client services team, executing public relations and related strategies and tactics for designated accounts, and ensuring high customer satisfaction and results
• Work with the Account Director and/or Account Manager to develop strategy and tactics for communications campaigns for client accounts
• Coordinate all public relations activities for designated accounts
• Leverage existing business and media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry to support public relations and media relations initiatives
• Identify, pitch and follow-up with media opportunities. Manage media inquiries and interview requests
• Create content for news releases, media advisories, byline articles, keynote presentations, talking points, opinion editorials, surveys, media statements, internal communications messaging and other content as directed by the client’s overarching communications strategy
• Develop media tour schedules, appointments and secure meetings at trade shows
• Coordinate and attend media interviews with client, as needed
• Develop clients’ media relations strategies, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
• Evaluate clients’ opportunities for partnerships that increase positive public awareness and/or drive additional media opportunities
• Actively participate and in some instances run weekly/bi-weekly client calls, email updates and check-ins
• Research and thoroughly understand client industries, competition and coverage
• Monitor, analyze and communicate media coverage and value on a monthly basis, using media monitoring tools as well as additional available resources
• Maintain keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
• Collaborate with client team and internal departments on integrated campaigns
• Perform other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to execute on strategic initiatives to ensure client accounts run smoothly and effectively
• Lead by example by setting professional standards that adhere to the Koch Comm core values
• Effective project management skills with proven ability to work with various groups to reach a common goal
• Excellent communications and writing skills
• Ability to think and act strategically, anticipating and creatively/diplomatically solving problems
• Ability to successfully multi-task
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and with a sense of urgency
• Effective collaboration skills and a strong respect for a team environment
• Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, social media tools and techniques on a business level is a plus
• Advanced knowledge of public relations principles and strategies and media sources and their capabilities
• Proper English usage (including grammar and composition), accepted styles for materials released to media, including Associated Press formats
• Ability to review analytics and provide insights and recommendations
• Ability to understand metrics and ROI analysis is a plus
• Knowledge and experience with tools used to execute public relations initiatives is preferred
• Fundamental knowledge of SEO, SEM and content/email marketing, marketing automation, and fundamental web development project knowledge is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, advertising, mass communications, English or a related field, plus 3-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing, public relations and/or journalism, advertising or online marketing is preferred.
Must be willing to travel regional/in-state 20% of the time. Must pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including a generous PTO/holiday schedule. We are committed to supporting our employees by offering a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability along with 401(k). Koch Communications is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We also provide FREE snacks and pleasant conversation.
Commensurate with experience
Apply Here: https://kochcomm.com/careers/job_listing/