JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
The Account Executive provides digital marketing expertise and execution support for the client services team. This position helps develop strategy and is responsible for the execution of digital marketing services for Koch Comm client events and marketing initiatives. An average day for the Account Executive includes things like tactic development, generation of written and visual content, community building and project management.
Like all positions at Koch Comm, the ability to work both collaboratively and independently is important. A successful person in this role will be able to collaborate with internal teams to develop and execute comprehensive campaigns, optimize based on results and hit deadlines on multiple client accounts at once.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works closely with the Account Directors to support the creation and implementation of client marketing strategies
• Responsible for the oversight of projects and programs, including implementation of client plans, budgets and timelines with support from team and other internal departments
• Assists the Account Director in account management, as needed.
• Creates content calendars for clients
• Manages client social media accounts, including scheduling content, engaging with followers and sparking relevant conversations with other influencers and social media accounts
• Acts as the frontline brand manager for clients by ensuring all client deliverables are in line with client brand tone, voice, creative strategy and messaging
• Coordinates all digital marketing activities for designated accounts
• Identifies threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the client’s brand
• Monitors, analyzes and communicates digital marketing results on a regular basis, using monitoring and analytics tools and additional available resources
• Creates client reporting on marketing efforts, writing insights around campaign/program performance
• Identify, pitch and follow-up with media opportunities. Manage media inquiries and interview requests
• Develop clients’ media relations strategies, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
• Actively participates and in some instances leads weekly/bi-weekly client calls and digital marketing check-ins, as needed
• Keeps abreast of each client’s industry, competition and coverage
• Maintains keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and makes appropriate recommendations regarding digital strategy surrounding them
• Perform other related duties as assigned, including special projects
• Adhere to Koch Comm company values and contribute to a culture of professional standards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to execute on strategic initiatives to ensure client accounts run smoothly and successfully
• Effective project management skills with proven ability to work with various groups to reach a common goal
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Ability to think and act strategically, anticipating and diplomatically solving problems
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and with a sense of urgency while juggling multiple priorities at once
• Attention to detail and quality standards
• Effective collaboration skills and a strong respect for a team environment
• Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat plus experience with social media tools and techniques on a business level
• Proper English usage (including grammar and composition) with accepted styles for materials released to media, including Associated Press formats
• Ability to review analytics and provide written insights and recommendations
• Preferred but not required:
• Ability to understand metrics and ROAS analysis
• Knowledge and experience with tools used to execute digital initiatives
• Fundamental knowledge of SEO, SEM, paid media and content/email marketing, marketing automation, and fundamental web development project knowledge
• Knowledge of public relations principles and strategies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, marketing, advertising, mass communications, English or a related field.
3-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing, public relations and/or journalism, advertising or online marketing is preferred.
Must be willing to travel regional/in-state as needed. Must pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
We offer a competitive total compensation plan which including a generous PTO/holiday schedule, medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) benefits (to name a few!).
Commensurate with experience. Please provide specific salary requirements with your application.
Koch Comm is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.