JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
The Public Relations Team Lead is responsible for the direction and leadership of a team of public relations professionals. This team will use multiple strategies to execute the public relations vision. These strategies and tactics include: reputation management, media relations, social sentiment monitoring, executive communications, influencer relations, awards submissions, and corporate giving and event planning duties associated with the fulfillment of Paycoms PR and marketing objectives.
- Provides oversight for Paycoms overall brand and online presence across numerous platforms by tracking, reporting on, and analyzing changes to make recommendations for the business.
- Manages brand and response strategy for reviews or posts across a number of social platforms, review websites and online forums; serves as subject matter expert for team of direct reports in brand appropriate responses.
- Provides coaching and media training for Paycom spokespeople.
- Leads strategy and content building for executive thought leadership (blogs, social, media, public speaking).
- Assists in reviewing and approving any public speaking presentations.
- Serve as a liaison between Paycom and members of the media, including industry influencers, and pitching them to generate more coverage and exposure of Paycom.
- Directs press events for Paycom.
- Request industry publication editorial calendars and look for opportunities for Paycom to gain exposure.
- Writes creative and compelling content, including media pitches, press releases, fact sheets, advertorials, bylined articles and presentations.
- Forecast new developments in reputation management and detect potential PR issues in order to build strategy around their effect on Paycom.
- Oversees the strategy, content development and execution of Paycoms awards submissions.
- Budgetary oversight for pre-set reputation management and awards budget of up to $300,000.
- Provides guidance and approval in development of customer case studies for media placement.
- Partners with the Social Media team to build strategic campaigns and content related to PR initiatives and reputation management.
- Learn all aspects of the functions of the Marketing Department and be able to fill-in and assist with a variety of functions as needed.
- Responsible for managing the performance of at least 4 or more direct reports. This includes:
- Holding regular one-on-one meetings with the employee to discuss the employees performance/metrics and for continuous development of employees.
- Makes strong recommendations to department leaders regarding the employees performance in relation to development and performance reviews and compensation.
- Manages the employees performance including coaching, performance improvement plans, counseling and makes strong recommendations regarding employee separations.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
- Bachelors Degree in public relations, communications, marketing, business or related field
- 7+ years of experience in the field of reputation management, public relations or marketing.
- Prior leadership with proven success.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong planning skills and proven experience in coordinating ideas and resources to achieve goals.
- Computer proficiency in with MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Additional experience with Adobe Design Standard software is a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude in learning new software, industry terminology and Paycom specific products quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance a must.
- High standard of excellence in attention to details, deadlines, office policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle a number of high priority projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Able to work well with others across the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with customers, prospects, colleagues and vendors.