JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Public Relations Assistant
Children’s Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a Public Relations Assistant
- Fulltime, Exempt
- Office Hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- This position requires attendance at weekend and evening meetings and events during high times
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires employee to be in an outdoor environment for certain events and activities.
- The office can be very active at times and the employees will be exposed to frequent noise caused by office conversation, visitors, teleconference meetings, telephone calls and meetings and office machines.
- In-state travel required
Children’s Hospital Foundation is the only non-profit organization in Oklahoma whose sole focus is the advancement of pediatric research and education programs to improve the health of children.
The Public Relations Assistant plays a critical role in organizing, directing, executing communications initiatives and materials to increase awareness of Children’s Hospital Foundation, its programs and events among all staff and outside stakeholders. The Public Relations Assistant will report directly to the Assistant Director of Operations/Communications Director under the supervision of the Executive Director. The Public Relations Assistant will also support the staff in all areas of communications and events to increase funds to enhance CHF’s mission. Employee will assist in the day-to-day operations of CHF by: assisting in writing press releases, media alerts, and video production. All other duties as assigned. This position may serve as the backup for many communication needs.
All applicants must send a resume with a cover letter and portfolio to Jeremiah Lane:
Mail: 901 N. Lincoln Blvd, Suite 305, Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course-work in communications, marketing, or closely related field preferred
- 2-3 years minimum experience in communications, marketing, or related field
- Be AP Stylebook proficient and have practiced writing and editing in a professional setting
- Proficiency with hardware and software compatible with the CHF computer system (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent)
- Ability to speak in front of large groups
- Nonprofit or fundraising experience
- Training and experience in developing marketing materials/public awareness campaigns
- Must possess a willingness to work with a diverse group of individuals in a team setting.
- Must have good organizational, customer service, excellent computer and time management skills.
- Must have a reliable vehicle for transportation
- All employees must have a cellular device with a data plan
Adobe Cloud suite programs-ALL
Microsoft Office Suite-ALL