JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Invest your passion for marketing and communications with our passion for helping Central Oklahomans learn, grow, heal, and thrive.
Does this describe you?
- You have a way with words and an eye for design.
- Your favorite style is AP.
- You geek out on social media trends.
- You take pride in your work.
- You thrive in collaborative environments.
- You are energized by new challenges and problem solving.
- You love learning.
- You have a sense of humor.
OK, this all sounds great!
Come join our Sunbeam family! Please complete the application and submit a short video to firstname.lastname@example.org on why you are excited about this opportunity. iPhone videos are perfect. A video must be submitted for the application to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Do you have any questions?
We’re all ears! Contact Angie Doss at email@example.com or call 405-609-2311. Please note that the use of the oxford comma is still up for discussion.
Operating under the administrative oversight of the Chief External Relations Officer, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for executing the overall marketing and communications strategy for Sunbeam Family Services.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our clients’ cultural and socio-economic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services core values and to perform at Sunbeam’s standards of excellence at all times.
Our core values are:
Champion Spirit – We work like a champion every day: paying attention to details and performing with excellence
Servant Heart – We exhibit humility in serving everyone; no job is below anyone and we all pull together to get the work done.
Sunny Attitude –We bring a smile and a positive attitude. We treat each other with respect, ensuring an energized work environment.
- Promoting, encouraging and displaying examples of leadership for the agency in accordance with the agency mission driven, employee first culture.
- Demonstrating capacity for providing developmentally appropriate and evidence-based practice, for exemplifying the values expected within the program, and for promoting the mission of the organization.
- Works with Chief External Relations Officer to develop integrated marketing and communications plan for internal and external audiences.
- Designs, creates, tests, promotes and monitors all digital and print marketing initiatives, including flyers, email campaigns, website and social media creative, billboards, ads, newsletter, and annual report. Basically, anything proudly displaying Sunbeam’s logo.
- Writes all press releases in AP Style, pitches media, enhances relationships with reporters, and captures clippings.
- Creates all social media posts and drives strategy for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Manages the website.
- Masters Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prioritizes projects and goals to meet deadlines.
- Reviews analytics and makes recommendations to improve outcomes.
- Excels in storytelling.
- Supports special event logistics and philanthropic efforts to put the FUN back in fundraising.
- Believes in Sunbeam’s mission of providing people of all ages with help, hope and the opportunity to succeed through Early Childhood, Foster Care, Counseling, and Senior Services.
- Works occasional weekend/weeknights.
Provide support for other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications related field like Public Relations, New Media, Journalism, Digital Marketing, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Strategic Communications or Advertising preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong writer, analytical, strategic mind, and detail-oriented.
- Encompasses Sunbeam’s core values: Champion Spirit, Servant Heart, and Sunny Attitude.
- Approachable, collaborative, mission-driven, patient, relational, efficient and proactive.
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to multi-task, and meets deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Maintains the highest level of ethical conduct and exercises discretion in handling confidential information.
- An attitude of gratitude.
- Thrives on collaboration and finds solutions to challenges across the organization.
- Innovative with a sense of humor.
- Local travel required and must have valid Oklahoma driver’s license and insurance as required by the position
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must pass required background check
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 20 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The employee will work in an office environment, may work in close quarters with other staff and small children. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud; frequent chaotic situations will occur, characteristic to working with children ages 0 – 5 years. Employee must expect exposure to strong odors such as soiled diapers and clothes, and poor hygiene. May come into contact with childhood diseases and blood on occasion.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Sunbeam Family Services is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.