JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
BigWing’s inbound marketing specialist (writing focus) strategizes content marketing campaigns for clients, and creates well-researched blog posts, infographics, e-books, downloadables, white papers and more. This specialist uses their impeccable writing skills to craft messaging that educates and entertains audiences and helps move the needle for BigWing clients. This inbound specialist can navigate any content management system blindfolded (not literally, but you get where we’re going).
The inbound specialist (writing focus) is an important member of BigWing’s inbound marketing team – a group of highly talented marketers specializing in video, photography, content, social media, email, and influencer marketing – and thrives in a fast-paced environment where team members are constantly learning from the wide array of talents and perspectives around them (BigWing-ers love to learn).
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Create engaging written and visual content for the purpose of digitally marketing a portfolio of clients in Oklahoma and beyond – every industry from hospitality and travel to higher education and health and wellness. Craft creative and compelling content marketing campaigns, frequently measuring the impact of content marketing efforts through analytics and insights.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns by leveraging blogs, social media, and other inbound marketing tactics to generate website traffic and leads.
- Incorporate social media marketing into your skill set as well. Learn from expert social media marketers and assist with social media campaigns by designing graphics for social posts, and creating and scheduling social posts for clients.
- Regularly communicate with clients to understand their marketing needs, guide their marketing strategy, and communicate successes and challenges.
Submit a portfolio of relevant work (five to seven published writing samples), resume, and cover letter addressed to Morgan Day, inbound marketing team manager, HERE.
We’re looking for people who have:
- At least two years of experience (beyond internships) as a content marketer, social media specialist, copywriter, SEO specialist, journalist, traditional marketer, communications professional, blogger, or other digital marketer.
- A portfolio of relevant work that demonstrates strategic thinking, an engaging style, and a great command of language (flow, sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation).
- Above all else, sharp writing and editing skills (only strong writers will be considered) as well as interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines, no matter what it takes, whether working independently or as part of a team.
- A solid understanding of inbound marketing concepts and best practices.
- Experience working with a variety of inbound marketing tactics: blogging, influencer marketing, SEO, social media, marketing automation, and email.
- Passion for continuing education within the field of digital marketing and willingness to train others on tactics and best practices.
Education and/or experience must-haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (journalism, marketing, advertising, communications) or equal experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Be internet savvy.
These things are nice to have (bonus points!)
- Experience and expertise in the following: Google Analytics, HubSpot, Facebook Business Manager/Ads Manager, WordPress, and email marketing. Willingness to learn these and similar platforms is a must.
- Experience with video production, graphic design, photography, or off-line marketing tactics.