JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Director of Public Affairs
Posting Number: 000170
Position Type: Administrative
Department: Public Affairs
Job Summary/Basic Function:
OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) campus in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and flourishing downtown area, with low cost of living, short commute times and a diversified economy.
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Over the past decade, OMRF has established itself as the leading voice of health and medical research in Oklahoma. As the individual responsible for leading OMRF’s communications efforts, the Director of Public Affairs will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the foundation’s public profile through outreach and messaging. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel, the Director of Public Affairs will lead a staff of communications professionals and be responsible for developing and coordinating all non-scientific communications for the foundation.
• Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan that continues to position OMRF as a leader with key constituencies while also broadening visibility and awareness of OMRF’s activities and achievements with new audiences
• Oversee and contribute to production of all non-scientific communications materials for the foundation and its staff, including:
– Findings, OMRF’s in-house magazine
– Annual report
– Press releases (up to 100 per year)
– Columns and editorial content for external media
– Print and e-newsletters
– Fundraising and patient outreach materials
– Marketing and collateral materials
– Speeches and presentations
– Website and new media
– Social media
• Actively engage, cultivate and manage relationships with members of the media to ensure consistent and impactful coverage of OMRF and its scientists in local, statewide and, when possible, national markets
• Serve as OMRF’s spokesperson and communications advisor to the organization’s senior leadership
• Supervise and manage the staff and day-to-day operations of the Department of Public Affairs, which consists of a team of writers and creative professionals
• A Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or other field that incorporates significant writing skills is required
• A minimum of 10 years of combined experience in media, an agency and/or in-house in a marketing/communications function
• Extensive writing, editing and content creation experience, including the editorial production of print and online publications, websites, newsletters, press releases and marketing literature
• Proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with members of the media to place stories and achieve high-impact coverage
• Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications, media relations and marketing program that advances an organization’s mission
• Proven ability to use social media and other forms of new media to catalyze communications efforts
• A strong track record of managing and mentoring a team of editorial and creative professionals
• A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Minimum Degree Required:
Work Hours: Typically Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1808692
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.