JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
The Director of Marketing, OU Online is responsible for planning, directing, and executing marketing initiatives that drive enrollment for OU Online. Highly data-driven and marketing performance-oriented, the Director leads the organization in all areas related to marketing, communications and PR. This position collaborates very closely with an Online Program Manager partner. The Director oversees marketing initiatives from strategy through to completion and ensures that efforts are appropriately prioritized and managed to both achieve the mission and enrollment goals for the University of Oklahoma and are aligned with broader university marketing initiatives. This position reports to the Vice President of Online Learning and collaborates with the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Marketing Overall strategy to Develop overarching marketing strategies and plans by online programs to ensure recruitment and retention marketing efforts for prospective students across all traditional and digital mediums and optimal messaging for the appropriate target audience.
- Ensure strategies, plans, and execution are highly integrated with other marketing functions including creative, communications, events, and marketing operations.
- Strategic Communication leads the development and implementation of multi-channel marketing and communications strategies, ensuring an integrated approach across all media and platforms.
- Develop, implement, augment, and regularly update an integrated strategic communications plan to:Advance OU Online’s strategic vision and brand identity as part of the University of Oklahoma.
- Broaden local, state, and national awareness and value of online graduate programs and their impacts on the economic, societal, and intellectual prosperity of Oklahomans.
- Manage marketing and advertising budget, vendor relationships, and invoice processing in consultation with the VP of Online Learning and the Department of Marketing and Communications to ensure alignment with strategic goals and priorities.
- Develop and oversee an annual marketing budget and ensure that media and creative investments are allocated effectively to achieve identified KPIs and enrollment goals.
- Manage multiple partner agencies relationships that work with OU OnlineServe as the point of contact for all topics related to marketing with partners, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Serve as the primary marketing point-of-contact for and maintain healthy relationships with OU Online program leadership and OPM personnel working on program marketing.
- Become the go-to campus resource for best practices in marketing to post-traditional students.
- Research innovative approaches to post-traditional student marketing and recommend strategies that keep the OU Online in the top consideration set with prospective students.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND 72 months of digital marketing, higher education marketing, advertising, and brand positioning experience
- Knowledge of current marketing & advertising trends and online content management highly desirable.
- Excellent ability to develop and execute against strategic integrated multichannel marketing plans.
- Strong understanding of how to implement and integrate digital marketing channels including SEO/SEM, emails/CRM platforms, website content management, analytics; knowledge of Slate platform highly desirable.
- Exceptional knowledge of current digital and integrated marketing tools and tactics, and trends.
- Extensive experience in optimizing marketing processes from brand/program awareness to conversion to retention
- Ability to clearly articulate (written and verbal) strategies and plans to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data and glean actionable insights that inform strategy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Collegial self-starter who can take the initiative, work proactively both independently and as part of a marketing communications team.
- Results-oriented with high standards for self and team.
- Proven track record of developing and leading direct reports, and providing support to internal teams and external partners.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience managing a budget, interdepartmental and external vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated experience effectively leading and directly managing teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and appreciation for, cultural practices and global perspectives
- Master’s Degree
- 7-10 years marketing, digital marketing, lead generation, brand positioning, advertising and higher education marketing experience
Supervision: 1 – 5 Staff members as future positions are created
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.