JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Under immediate supervision of the Account Director, an Account Manager’s primary responsibilities include client relationship management as well as integrated public relations and digital marketing strategy development and execution, and team and project management.
An Account Manager operates in an independent manner by thinking ahead and anticipating and solving problems on the fly. This position is very hands-on and requires existing knowledge of digital marketing, social media and public relations as well as a thorough understanding of metrics to measure campaign impact and effectiveness.
Client Relationship Management
As the main point of contact for select clients, the Account Manager coordinates the resources needed to manage projects, builds strategic operational plans and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of Koch Comm services.
Strategy Development and Execution
Under the direction of the Account Director, an Account Manager is responsible for the successful development and execution of digital marketing, social media and public relations into the client’s overall business strategy.
Team and Project Management
An Account Manager works closely with the Account Director to ensure projects are delivered on time, maintaining profitability and within client’s budget. Under the direction of the Account Director, the Account Manager also is responsible for optimizing team performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively manages the client relationship, serving as the client liaison and as a trusted advisor for all communications and digital marketing needs
- Serves as a subject matter expert by having a clear understanding of the client’s business, industry and competitive landscape to determine the best communications strategy
- Educate and coach clients on industry best practices, how new services and technology can be beneficial and how to best integrate Koch Comm services into the client’s organization to measure and increase ROAS
- Proactively monitor account activities and provide regular reporting for clients
- Under the direction of the Account Director, the Account Manager is responsible for the successful development and execution of strategic and integrated public relations and digital media initiatives, including social media, SEO, SEM, interactive media, email marketing automation, public relations and crisis communications into the client’s overall business strategy
- Understand and apply client’s business metrics and traditional marketing efforts to ensure tight integration of digital and public relations strategy
- Ensures the day-to-day execution of services is aligned with stated goals, objectives and strategy
- Develops and manages projects/programs, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, client budget management and timelines with support from team and other internal departments
- Responsible for ensuring the client’s brand tone, image and voice are carried out through all channels Koch Comm manages
- Accountable for client retention, renewals and the expansion of business with existing clients
- Builds strong relationships with outside vendors and partners, as needed
- PR duties include
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media members
- Conduct media trainings and media tours
- Review and approve PR-related documents, which may include news release, media alerts, background documents, runs of shows, pitch emails, media kit documents, editorial opportunities, talking points, speeches, media lists, crisis statements
- Write PR-related documents, as needed
- Digital marketing duties include
- Review and approve digital marketing content, which may include social media content and calendars, email content, blog content, paid media ads, website copy, video scripts and storyboards, creative assets
- Write digital content and monitor digital channels, as needed
- Under the direction of the Account Director, manage the daily client service team operations as well as training, development and coaching Account Executives and Account Assistants, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent client relations skills
- Lead by example by setting professional standards and account expertise that adhere to the Koch Comm core and company values
- Effective project management skills with proven ability to work with various groups to reach a common goal
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Ability to think and act strategically, anticipating and creatively/diplomatically solving problems
- Ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with a sense of urgency
- Effective collaboration skills and a strong respect for a team environment
- Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media tools and techniques on a business level
- Proven experience with public relations campaigns, development of PR-related documents and in working with sources across all types of media outlets
- Proper English usage (including grammar and composition), accepted styles for materials released to media, including Associated Press formats
- Ability to understand metrics and KPIs (ROAS, earned media value, etc.) to review analytics and provide documented insights and recommendations
- Knowledge and experience with tools used to execute digital marketing and public relations initiatives
- Basic knowledge of SEO, SEM, paid media and content/email marketing, marketing automation, and web development project knowledge is a plus
Education and Experience
- degree in marketing, advertising, communications, digital media, English or a related field, plus 5-7 years of professional experience in digital marketing, public relations and/or journalism, advertising or online marketing is preferred.
Must be willing to travel regional/in-state 20% of the time, as needed. Must pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including a generous PTO/holiday schedule. We are committed to supporting our employees by offering a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability along with 401(k). Koch Communications is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We also provide FREE snacks and pleasant conversation.
Commensurate with experience. Please submit salary requirements with your cover letter.