JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Under immediate supervision of the account director, the account executive, digital & travel blogger is a dual role that provides digital marketing expertise and execution for the client service team. This position acts as the brand manager for a tourism region of Oklahoma and works closely with the account director and client to create content for digital marketing efforts, identify promotions to engage the client’s online community and develop blog content on a weekly basis. The AE,D/travel blogger is also responsible for capturing photography as needed for social media content.
This position includes, but is not limited to strategy creation, tactic development, generation of written and visual content, community building and management. The account executive, digital & travel blogger will work with internal team members and departments to ensure all digital marketing projects are high-quality and meet deadlines. This position works closely within the client service team and with the Interactive Media department to develop and execute comprehensive campaigns, but also operates in an independent manner, thinking ahead, anticipating and solving problems on the fly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the frontline brand manager for clients by interacting with customers and fans in real time on various digital platforms
- Create content for all client social media sites, as well as foster the community by engaging and sparking relevant conversations on other social media sites
- Research and edit materials for social media and travel blog content
- Be the “voice” and “face” of the social media channels for the client, drawing on the established client brand voice
- Establish relationships with city leadership and business entities in the tourism region in Oklahoma
- Coordinate all digital marketing activities for designated accounts
- Responsible for social media content creation and advertising execution
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the client’s brand
- Understand and apply client’s business metrics and marketing efforts to ensure tight integration with the digital media initiatives
- Support the account director and/or account manager in developing content marketing strategy for monthly and quarterly planning
- Execution of tactics to support digital campaigns for client accounts
- Actively participate in creation of weekly client update reports and monthly reporting
- Monitor, analyze and communicate digital marketing results on a regular basis, using monitoring and analytics tools as well as additional available resources
- Understand and apply client’s business metrics and marketing efforts to ensure tight integration with digital media initiatives
- Lead project development and management from ideation to completion, ensuring projects meet client objectives and are then executed within the allotted time frame and budget
- Interface with multiple internal teams throughout the production of design, photography and video projects
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and coverage
- Maintain keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding digital strategy surrounding them
- Collaborate with client team and internal departments on integrated campaigns
- Perform other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to execute on strategic initiatives to ensure client accounts run smoothly and effectively
- Lead by example by setting professional standards that adhere to the Koch Comm company values
- Effective project management skills with proven ability to work with various groups to reach a common goal
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to think and act strategically, anticipating and creatively/diplomatically solving problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and clients
- Ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with a sense of urgency
- Effective collaboration skills and a strong respect for a team environment
- Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, social media tools and techniques on a business level
- Knowledge of public relations principles and strategies is a plus
- Experience generating digital marketing content for web, social and digital media
- Proper English usage (including grammar and composition), accepted styles for materials released to media, including Associated Press formats
- Ability to review analytics and produce written insights and recommendations
- Ability to understand metrics and ROI analysis
- Knowledge and experience with tools used to execute digital initiatives is preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of integrated marketing, which includes SEO, SEM, PR and marketing automation
- Fundamental web development project knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in destination marketing is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, advertising, mass or strategic communications or a related field, plus 3-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing, social networking, public relations and/or journalism, advertising or online marketing is preferred.
Must be willing to travel regional/in-state 40% of the time including evenings and weekends. Must pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including a generous PTO/holiday schedule. We are committed to supporting our employees by offering a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability along with 401(k). Koch Communications is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We also provide FREE snacks and pleasant conversation.
Commensurate with experience. Please submit salary requirements with your cover letter.