JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Account Directors must think ahead, anticipate challenges and solve problems on the fly. The Account Director’s primary responsibilities include client relationship management, integrated public relations and digital marketing strategy development and team management. This position is very hands-on and requires knowledge of digital marketing, social media and public relations as well as a thorough understanding of metrics to measure campaign impact and effectiveness.
If you’re experienced, smart, calm, cool and collected, keep reading.
Client Relationship Management
As the senior point of contact for your clients, the Account Director coordinates the resources needed to manage projects, builds strategic operational plans and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of Koch Comm services.
Strategy Development and Execution
From concept to completion, an Account Director is responsible for the successful development and execution of strategic and integrated public relations and digital media initiatives into the client’s overall business strategy.
An Account Director manages, coaches and mentors a team and is responsible for the team’s workflow/workload management, cross-training and development (hiring, reviewing, counseling, etc.). An Account Director is also responsible for optimizing team performance and overseeing team profitability and budgets as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (THE NITTY GRITTY)
- Proactively manages the client relationship, serving as the client liaison and as a trusted advisor for the client for all communications and digital marketing needs
- Serves as a subject matter expert by having a clear understanding of the client’s business, industry and competitive landscape to determine the best communications strategy based on the client’s services
- Educates and coaches clients on best practices, how new services and technology can be beneficial and how to best integrate services into the client’s organization to measure and increase ROAS
- Proactively monitors account activities and provides regular reporting for clients
- Responsible for the successful development and execution of strategic and integrated public relations and digital media initiatives, including social media, SEO, SEM, paid media, interactive media, email marketing automation and public relations into the client’s overall business strategy (Did we miss anything?)
- Understands and applies client’s business metrics and traditional marketing efforts to ensure tight integration of digital and public relations strategy
- Ensures the day-to-day execution of services is aligned with client’s stated goals, objectives and strategy
- Develops and manages projects/programs, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets and timelines with support from team and other internal departments
- Communicates with executive-level staff and provides input regarding agency matters related to the team management, budgets, processes/systems, services and new business
- Accountable for client retention, renewals and the expansion of business with existing clients
- Participates in new business development ideation and presentation of ideas to existing and prospective clients
- Builds strong relationships with outside vendors and partners, as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (THE NUTS & BOLTS)
- Ability to lead, manage and develop a high-performing account team while establishing strategic initiatives for the client and processes that ensure the client and Koch Comm run smoothly and effectively
- Excellent client relations skills
- Lead by example by setting professional standards and account expertise that adhere to Koch Comm core and company values
- Proven track record of successful team management
- Ability to successfully spin dozens of plates simultaneously (aka multi-task) and work under tight deadlines
- Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat, YouTube and Instagram plus, experience with social media tools and techniques on a business level
- Advanced knowledge of public relations principles and strategies and media sources and their capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, including proper English usage (including grammar and composition), accepted styles for materials released to media, including Associated Press formats
- Ability to understand metrics and ROAS analysis and to review analytics and provide documented insights and recommendations
- Knowledge and experience with tools used to execute digital marketing and public relations initiatives
- Fundamental knowledge of SEO, SEM, paid media and content/email marketing
- Marketing automation experience is a plus
- Fundamental web development project knowledge is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, digital media, English or a related field, plus 7-10 years of professional experience in digital marketing, public relations and/or journalism, advertising or online marketing is preferred.
Must be willing to travel regional/in-state 20% of the time. Must pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
We offer a competitive benefits plan, including a generous PTO/holiday schedule. We are committed to supporting our employees by offering a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability along with 401(k). Koch Communications is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We also provide a desk AND a chair.
Please submit salary requirements with application