JOB AND INTERNSHIPS LISTINGS
Ready to step into the PR and digital marketing ring? Account Assistants are our one-two punch, serving clients through event coverage, social engagement and weekend support.
- Account Assistants must be reliable, creative and eager to learn above all else. This part-time position provides administrative and project support for client services teams to deliver consistent, efficient and overall great work to our clients. The Account Assistant will support client services teams by monitoring clients’ digital platforms plus correspondence from clients in the evenings and on the weekends.
- This position will also provide support for client event coverage on location, as needed. (Read: Live-tweeting and photographing concerts as your job.) This position requires a self-motivated individual who wants to learn and grow in the field of communications and digital marketing. This position will require approximately 12-15 hours per week combined between remote monitoring, travel and on-site event coverage and in-office training and meetings.
- Intrigued? Keep reading for the 4-1-1.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor clients’ social media platforms, participating in minute-by-minute online conversations by sparking discussions, answering questions, offering solutions and mediating conversations
- Live posting and event coverage for clients, as needed (we’ll provide the camera, you provide the creative eye)
- Understand and develop a strong knowledge of the client’s brand and business objectives to help be the “voice” of the social media channels for the client during coverage times
- Assist client services teams with the day-to-day execution of project tasks as assigned
- Gather, organize and create client reports
- Create and maintain project status reports, meeting notes for all internal and client meetings and a variety of other project and account documents
- Set up social media promotions and contests, as necessary, to execute the strategy and engage the client’s social media community
- Assist client services teams by helping to update project management system, as needed
- Coordinate and communicate project details to appropriate client services team members
- Monitor client email accounts during coverage times
- Monitor social tools for positive and negative sentiment on client, escalating as needed
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the client’s brand and report to appropriate supervisor and parties
- Assemble media kits and presentation materials as assigned
- Write content such as news releases
- Update websites, as needed
- Conduct keyword research for SEO purposes
- Perform research for client industry information, competitor information and community information to support analysis and content generation for Koch Communication clients
- Perform research for digital and public relations industry, as needed
- Attend client’s events to cover for social media, take photos and post for the event
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and others on business level
- Intermediate skill level with personal computer using MS Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Mastery of the English language, including grammar and composition
- Basic knowledge of social media tools and techniques; research techniques and statistical gathering of information; public relations principles and strategies; accepted styles for materials released to media (including Associated Press and Yahoo Style Guide format)
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Work within tight and often demanding deadlines
- Organized and manage time effectively
- Experience in project management
- Ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to research, gather and organize pertinent data
- Ability to uphold and practice public relations and social media principles
- Intermediate photography skills
- Effective collaboration skills and a strong respect for a team environment
- Web analytics and user-based web design knowledge is a plus
- Additionally, must have a brain and a keen sense of humor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or marketing preferred or active pursuit of a degree in listed fields above is required. Demonstrated experience in these areas is required, such as internships, writing samples, portfolio, etc.
- Must have reliable transportation. This position requires travel 2-5 days a month within 150 miles of the OKC metro area.
- Koch Communications is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.